The Government of India in the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship initiated a step in Dec.’2018 for further improving skill training and apprenticeship training and ensuring effective integrated development and monitoring of these programmes at the State level. After careful consideration, it has been decided to set up Regional Directorates of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (RDSDEs) for each State / UT. Proposed RDSDEs would subsume the existing activities, personnel, assets and liabilities including lands and buildings of erstwhile Regional Directorates of Apprenticeship Trainings (RDATs) located all over India and hence office of RDATs would cease to exist. However, the existing Central Field Institutes viz; National Skill Training Institutes (NSTIs) / NSTI (W) would be an integrated subordinate formation under respective RDSDEs. The heads of RDSDE would be known as Regional Directors. RDSDEs would be Attached Offices of the Ministry. In connection with the above, the Regional Directorates of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (RDSDE) Haryana & Chandigarh was set up in January 2019.
RDSDE Haryana & Chandigarh
The Main Functions/Activities of RDSDE Haryana and Chandigarh are:
1. Implementation, Monitoring and Coordination of all Schemes (General and Women Training) of DGT.
2. Apprenticeship Training Scheme.
3. National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme.
4. Trade Testing Cell for examinations of all schemes (CTS, ATS, CITS)
5. Handling of Court Cases of All Schemes (Legal Cell).
6. Coordination with the District Skill Nodal Centre and District Skilling Committee under the Chairmanship of District Collectors in the State.